Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Sort names and birth dates

I guess I don't understand what you're looking for.

Maybe a bigger explanation or some sample (plain text) data with the results
you'd like to see would help.

Or maybe someone who understands the question will jump in.

orange wrote:

Hi Dave,
I am actually needing to identify the duplicate names with their duplicate
birthdates.
Any suggestions? thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Both the name and birthdate have to be duplicated???

If yes...

I would insert a new column and concatenate the name and birthdate.

=a1&"...."&text(b1,"yyyy-mm-dd")

Then use the techniques at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

orange wrote:

I have a spread sheets with a couple of thousand names and birth dates. I am
wanting to locate the duplicate name and birth date and put these in another
column.
Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson