JulieD

Hi

there's probably worksheet_change code that sets the cell back to that
figure, right mouse click on the sheet tab, choose view code, do you see
anything call

if so, on the lines between this line and the END SUB line put an apostraphe
'
at the front of each line
use ALT & F11 to switch back to your workbook and try changing the cell
value now.
if the code doesn't make sense to you, copy & paste it into your reply and
we'll try and explain what its doing.

--
Cheers
JulieD
wrote in message ...
Excel will not allow me to change a numerical figure in a specific cell.
I've tried deleting it & typing over it, but when the cursor is moved to
the
next cell the original figure magically appears again.