Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.setup
CJ[_2_] CJ[_2_] is offline

Default Cell highlighting colour

Dearest Microsoft

There is no doubt that the work done in Redmond and various other places is
mind boggling.
I can not begin to imagine what the average IQ must be within the
corporation.

Having said that....

....I'm sorry but sometimes the obvious seems to be beyond you!

The majority of people that use Excel 2007 must be frustrated beyond belief
with the colour (or lack thereof) when selecting non contiguous cells.

Doesn't this bother anybody at Microsoft? Do none of you actually
use Excel or try to make presentations with it?

Do you all have special monitors so the colour actually shows up?

What is the deal with this? Why must we be forced to tilt our screens
and heads in order to be able to see highlighted cells?

In previous versions of Excel this was not a problem. I dare to say that
2003
was fabulous! The colour was transparent but still very obvious
from any angle and on any monitor.

I find it hard to believe that this has not been addressed in an update.

No wonder computer users get the "geek" stereotype. We are blowing
up our retinas trying to see what we are doing in Excel!!!

To whom may I send the bill for my very expensive corrective lenses??

....sorry for the rant....but really.....I've had it!!
I've been teaching 2007 all day and my eyes feel like they
have been put through a meat grinder!

--
Thanks for taking the time!

CJ
Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups!