Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rich Rich is offline

Default The mouse scroll wheel doesn't work the same in 2007?

That seems to fix it - the problem is that I can't stand editing directly in
cells (I like when double-clicking brings me to the source sheet; I link a
lot between sheets). It's pretty unbelievable that the design engineers
would REMOVE functionality as they publish new versions. (Don't get me
started on changing all the shortcuts. If they want me to re-learn
everything, why do it on Excel? Why not learn a new program?) So
frustrating....

"Jim Rech" wrote:

You have to turn on the "Allow editing directly in cells" editing option to
do this. Excel Options-Advanced.

--
Jim
"Ann Neal" <Ann wrote in message
| In excel 2003, I could type '=' in a cell and then use the scroll wheel on
| the mouse to get to the next cell in the formula. Now I have to use the
| scroll bars on the worksheet and it's time consuming. Does anyone have a
fix
| for this? I'm using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, if that
matters.