Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default time tracking formula (trying again)

Perhaps the lack of a response is because your question leaves out some
critical info.

In the example you show, how do you determine it is ON at the beginning?
In your example, it is ON even in the time slot where the OFF is registered.
Is that the way you want it done?
What happens if the equipment is turned OFF and ON within the same time
bucket?
How are your 'times' entered? Are they really times or are they text
entries that look like time.

"DebC" wrote:

I am sorry to repost this question, but I have not received a response, and I
cannot figure this one out. This forum has helped me previously and I know
if there is an answer, someone here will have it! Thanks for your patience
(and please excuse my impatience).

This worksheet tracks equipment run time. Is there a formula that could
automatically enter a 'Y' or 'N' in column (B) based upon time it is turned
off and on in columns (C) and (D)? You will notice that even tho it was
turned off at 5am, there is a 'Y' in that slot. The actual worksheet tracks
24 hrs/day.
Thanks for any help.

ON? OFF ON
*Y / N (time) (time)