Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default View Locked Cells?

As long as the sheet is protected you can use the TAB key to browse
unlocked cells.

PS I usually change the fill color of unlocked cells so that user can
tell which ones are open (cuts down on frustration on their part as
well).

On Sep 3, 11:14*am, Glenn wrote:
Nick Jenkins wrote:
Is there a way to show which cells have been locked without having to check
each cell? I have a very large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. There
are only a few areas within each worksheet that are not locked so the user
can input information. The rest of each worksheet is locked and shows various
calculations. I need to make sure that the locked cells are indeed 'locked'.

You can use conditional formatting.

=CELL("protect",A1)