Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Multiple reports

hi
i have not seen your data so i can only make vague remomendations.
you do seem to be approching overload so automations would appear to be your
only option at this point.
i would link your spreadsheets to access as a excel named range so that
access can use them as access tables. i would then write queries in access,
selecting(filtering) the data needed based on different criteria. queries are
not that hard to do in access. see this site...
http://www.utexas.edu/its/training/h...OPIA_AccessGS/

since your users are already use to receiving the needed data via excell i
would use microsoft query(MSQ) to link to the access queries to download the
queries into excel for Print/email. if done right you could reduce the whole
precess to 1 button click. I did it with 12 reports once. set up an ontime
macro to fire at 5am in the morning and run all the MSQs. when i got to work,
my reports were on the printer. of course, it did take a while to set it all
up but I shaved 4 hours a day off my workload.
my thoughts
FSt1

"LoriH" wrote:

Each month I have three seperate Excel spreadsheets each with about 6000 rows
and multiple collumns. I need to breakdown and distribute different portions
of the data to various people. These seperate reports need to subtotaled and
formated to print but are sent via email.
There is a collumn in the spreadsheet that I use to decide who gets each
report. Depending on what is noted in the collumn, I email the report to
different people.
The number of different reports is growing and I now have to create about 70
reports from each spreadsheet. I need an easy way to break each of these
spreadsheets down. I am currently creating the seperate spreadsheets and
using a macro to subtotal, format to print and save the file.
Is there an easier way using access or VBA. I am not very familiar with
either Acess or VBA but and a quick learner and am willing to get training on
whatever will make this easier.