Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Sean is offline

Default lookup function to meet two conditions

Sorry the formatting messed up :
I want to use a lookup function to meet two criteria. I have Sales Order
numbers in one column and line items in another. So i want to say 'match the
sales order# and the line item number and return back the item description'

SO#'s Line Number - - -
325 1
325 2
326 1
326 2
327 1
327 2

- then seperate data with the following:
SO#'s Line Number Product descript
314 8 widget fluffy
325 2 wood
326 1 sofa

So i want to match both the SO# and the Line # and then if it matches return
the product description.

Thank you kindly -

"Sean" wrote:

I want to use a lookup function to meet two criteria. I have Sales Order
numbers in one column and line items in another. So i want to say 'match the
sales order# and the line item number and return back the item description'

SO#'s Line Number - - - - -- - then seperate data with the following:
325 1 SO#'s Line Number
Product descript
325 2 314
8 widget fluffy