Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyke Tyke is offline

Default Excel 2007 External Data Links and Subtotals

Up until recently I have been creating files in Excel 2003. A lot of these
files have included external links to our on site ERP system via ODBC. No
problems with that. However now I am using excel 2007 I find that it does
link data in quite the same way. I use the Microsoft Query option to pull in
data from the ERP systems tables. However when it comes thru to excel it does
not allow me to use Subtotals any more unless I convert the table to a range.

Converting the table to a range then wipes the link out which is of no use.
What is happening now in 2007 that was not in 2003 ??