Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robin robin is offline

Default Calculate how much time falls between set start and stop times

I am using =Text(end time-start time,"[m]")
the answer is a number of minutes, if "[s]" is used the answer is seconds
alsoa number. Similarly "[h]" can be used

"Robin" wrote:

"Polly" wrote:

I have a fairly large amount of data involving time. I have a start time, a
stop time and elapsed time. I need to know how much of the elapsed time
falls between set times elsewhere in the spreadsheet.

Ex: Set times are 07:00 and 15:00
Start time = 14:03
End time = 15:13
Elapsed time = 70
The question I need to answer is, how much of the elapsed time falls between
7:00 and 15:00 and how much falls outside. So the answer is (doing the math
in my head ) is 57 minutes inside and 13 minutes outside.

But I need to do this for hundreds of rows of data and can't seem to come up
with a formula that works.