Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JC-PS JC-PS is offline

Default How to add (sum) a row cells with letter(s) aside or without n

Hi, Hector. I wrote before;
" When I have an L in the same line with LE, formula goes #VALUE!. The formula
works well with other letters in the same line but not beginning with the
same one. Example:
19.....L3 L2.5 LE7.5 LE7.5 LE7.5 LE7.5 LE7.5 H = VacationL 5.5

the formula should sum L3 + L2.5 and disregard for VacationL Totals those LEs." I change the 2 number in SUMPRODUCT(IF(LEFT(C19:N19,2)="l", by one but just shows "0" on total. I wipe up those numbers beside the letters LE but doesn't make any changes. I have no hint of how to get it better ...