Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PatJennings PatJennings is offline

Default Pivot table

Thanks Roger, your solution worked.

If I may ask additional Questions:

I have two columns indicating the last name and state of the individuals.
The count of months are currently for Jun, Jul and Aug. There will be
additional transactions for Sep, etc.

When that data is entered, will I have to change the range of data, or will
it automatically include the new entries?

Can I create at the end of the table, or outside of it totals for the
monthly transactions by state? (It already gives me the totals for the
person's name by month.

Sincerely,
Pat

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi

Double click on the last name fieldAdvanceSortAscending
Do the same for your Date field.
If the sort doesn't resolve the month order, then ToolsOptionsListEnter
Jan, Feb ..... Dec in white paneAdd
Then repeat Advanced sort on date field.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"PatJennings" wrote in message
In Col A is the Month (Jun,Jul,Aug) of transactions, listed in date
sequence in another column is the last name of the salesman for each
transaction. There are other columns relevant to the transactions, but
not to the pivot table I created. The resulting pivot table listed the
salesman, but not in alphabetical order. In the data columns are the
counts of the transactions for each month with a final column totaling
the three monthly columns and a grand total.

Now the date columns are arranged in this sequence: Jun Aug Jul. I cannot
figure out how to arrange the salesmen's names alphabetically, nor why
the date columns are not listed Jun, Jul Aug.