Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Return header cell of last column with data

Need more info:

another spreadsheet

Does that mean another worksheet in the same file or a worksheet in another
file?

The source spreadsheet has columns of numbers with a date header.

Are these numbers all in the same row or are the numbers in many rows? Where
are these numbers? For example - A2:F10 or A2:Z2.

I need...the date of the last column containing data.

You need the date header that corresponds to the rightmost cell within the
range that contains a numeric value? What type of data is in the range? Is
it all numeric? Any text? Any formula blanks?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with a cell linked to another spreadsheet "Last Date
Entered". The source spreadsheet has columns of numbers with a date
header. I
need to formulate a cell that shows the date of the last column containing
data. Thanks! (Without this resource I couldn't do my job)--
Excelsolutions4U