Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Copy Conditional Formatting down rows

It works ok for me. Here are the steps I used:

Select the range A10:F10
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage RulesNew RuleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format

=A10100

Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Whit" wrote in message
New to Office 2007, but am very frustrated. When I copy a cell's
formatting
(either by paste/special/formats or format painter) the conditional
formatting is not using the relative cell row reference but instead always
referring back to the original cell even though I am not using the
absolute $
reference. For example:

CF = A10100 (in cell A10)

when I copy the format to B10 CF = A10100
If I copy the format to B10:F10 CF in all cells = B10100

What is going on??