Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default VBA and Chart Legends (2003 and 2007)

Hi,

Not a bug but a difference between referencing the Legend object position
property and the Selection object.

xlLegendPositionBottom and xlbottom both return the same value, -4107

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have this snippet of code to update the legends to the bottom of the
chart

For Each objCht In WS.ChartObjects
With objCht.Chart
.Legend.Position = xlLegendPositionBottom
End With
Next objCht

If I record this in 2003 OR 2007, I get this

ActiveChart.Legend.Select
Selection.Position = xlBottom

But if I type .Legend.Position in the original snippet,
xlLegendPositionBottom is an option and xlBottom is not an option. In
Office 2007, it appears to Gack on xlLegendPositionBottom and prefers
xlBottom. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Barb Reinhardt