Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Margot Margot is offline

Default HIDDEN TEXT BOX IN EXCEL

Peo,

Thank you very much for your quick response! I will certainly perform the
steps that you suggested to resolve my hidden text box dilemma!
--
Margot

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you press F5, then click special and the select objects and click OK all
text boxes should be selected and even those that were hidden will have
it's borders displayed with some dot pattern and then you can grab the round
handles and make them larger. Once you have decided which ones are obsolete
you can delete them

Peo Sjoblom

"Margot" wrote in message
As part of my job, I am required to perform spellchecks on worksheet pages
of
excel files (financial statements). These worksheet pages contain many
text
boxes. From time-to-time I run across a situation where spellcheck will
find
a misspelled word that does not exist in any of the text boxes that are
visible on that worksheet, but may have been visible at one time. I think
the problem is that the accountant that created the excel file wanted to
delete certain text boxes and thought that he had done so, but never
really
did delete them. Instead, he deleted the rows contained the text box,
which
basically collapsed the text box. Now, I CANNOT find these text boxes! I
sometimes mistakenly find these collapsed text boxes by hovering over them
with my cursor, which detects them by changing shape. Unfortunately, all
text boxes in these excel files have been formatted to have NO FILL and NO
LINE, which makes them impossible to find (invisible)!

Please help me figure out how to find text boxes that have been collapsed
or
made so small that they are the size of a pinpoint.

--
Margot