Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Normek Normek is offline

Default HIDDEN TEXT BOX IN EXCEL

Hi Margot,
I tried Peo's solution because I hadn't heard of it before. I found it
didn't work if the rows or columns were hidden.

To unhide the rows or columns you need to press the top lift-hand cell to
select all cells then click on the row header column and select "unhide", and
do a similar thing to the columns. This will of course muck up the formatting
of the spreadsheet for these rows or columns, but if you know which rows (or
columns)were hidden you can hide them again.

If the rows containing the textbox were deleted then, from my observation,
the textbox was also deleted, and the spelling checker couldn't find the
spelling errors it had contained.

Hope this helps.

"Margot" wrote:

As part of my job, I am required to perform spellchecks on worksheet pages of
excel files (financial statements). These worksheet pages contain many text
boxes. From time-to-time I run across a situation where spellcheck will find
a misspelled word that does not exist in any of the text boxes that are
visible on that worksheet, but may have been visible at one time. I think
the problem is that the accountant that created the excel file wanted to
delete certain text boxes and thought that he had done so, but never really
did delete them. Instead, he deleted the rows contained the text box, which
basically collapsed the text box. Now, I CANNOT find these text boxes! I
sometimes mistakenly find these collapsed text boxes by hovering over them
with my cursor, which detects them by changing shape. Unfortunately, all
text boxes in these excel files have been formatted to have NO FILL and NO
LINE, which makes them impossible to find (invisible)!

Please help me figure out how to find text boxes that have been collapsed or
made so small that they are the size of a pinpoint.

--
Margot