Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Move comment into cell as text

Hi,
Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in and run it.
It takes Column A (Change to suit) and puts the comment as text in the same
cell. Not the 2 commented out lines. The first is the syntax to copy to an
adjacent cell and the second deltes the comment if you want to do that.

Sub sonic()
Set myrange = ActiveSheet.Range("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCo mments)
For Each c In myrange
c.Value = c.Comment.Text
'c.Offset(0, 1).Value = c.Comment.Text
'c.ClearComments
Next
End Sub

Mike

"PhooPhan" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that someone else created and they added comments to a
bunch of cells in one column. I want to convert the comments to text in
either the same cell or one to the right. (the comments are in blank cells)
It's driving me crazy to have to either hover over or click on the comment
mark every time I want to see the notes. I also want to import the
spreadsheet into a Business Manager Database. When I tried to import it the
way it is now the comments did not import.