View Single Post
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default How to add (sum) a row cells with letter(s) aside or without n

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

hi. (...) ???

I'm trying to be specific and clear of what I'm looking for this time. I appreciate your help.

as far as i can see, you are still posting unclear "details" regarding your data layout (i.e.)

- *clear*:

columns C to N are be-weekly representation of employee's absence of labour
representation includes letters (single or combined) and the possibility of numbers

- *unclear*:

which are (ALL) the letters used for any representation and what the meaning of each ?
note your post in this part:
"... as much for the L, LE, SE, S, and W (or could be others letters identifying other kinds of absences like O, F, CL etc)"
- "other letters" AND "etc" opens a wider scenario to work with... -???-

where (exactly) do you need a summary of the value-converted "representation" of WHAT letters (combination and numbers) ?
(could you provide a more "viewable" details ?... cells, columns, range, sample data, formulae, etc.)

regards,
hector.

__ previous __
if you don't get a *clear* proposal to your post in a reasonably short period of time, try the following:
- back to the spanish news-group
- answer the questions about the holes in your post

Hi, Hector.
The table of Regular Register Licenses should be like shown here afterward. The licenses of other kinds like LF, SF, WF, A, B, M, O, U and CL with hours used by the employee are posted on other table not in the main one of L, LE, S, SE & W. The possibility of numbers beside a letter or two should be considered here in the summation too. The main table should look like a week format days on a two week bases or be-weekly, and a regular calender from January to December of the current year right on the left side of the table downward (from line A3 to A29). Line 3 starting on C column is the first cell or Monday of January alongside up to Friday of the second week for the first be-weekly of that month. Totals of hours used by worker on those weeks either for L, LE or S, SE and even W should end up to a column aside in the same order of letters shown:Q, R, W, X and AA for the "Ws".

Example:
....A......................B..........C........D.. .........J.....
2........................Monday.Tues...Wends...Fri day
3.01/12/08............-............L.........LE.........S....

...... ...K.........N..........Q..............R.......... ..W.......
2....Monday...Friday...VacationL..VacationLE..Sick-S
3....W..........LE3.5.....7.5............11....... .....7.5...

......X.........W ..... -----------------------------------
Sick-SE.....No Pay....---------------------------------
......-.........7.5..... -----Note that those day present are show just
with a "-" meaning no license used, like on B3 and the other days not shown
here.------------------------------

I hope might be helpful, the first time trying making a table outside Excel is badly awful. Any question be glad to answer it.