Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Héctor Miguel Héctor Miguel is offline

Default How to add (sum) a row cells with letter(s) aside or without n

hi. (...) ???

I'm trying to be specific and clear of what I'm looking for this time. I appreciate your help.

as far as i can see, you are still posting unclear "details" regarding your data layout (i.e.)

- *clear*:

columns C to N are be-weekly representation of employee's absence of labour
representation includes letters (single or combined) and the possibility of numbers

- *unclear*:

which are (ALL) the letters used for any representation and what the meaning of each ?
note your post in this part:
"... as much for the L, LE, SE, S, and W (or could be others letters identifying other kinds of absences like O, F, CL etc)"
- "other letters" AND "etc" opens a wider scenario to work with... -???-

where (exactly) do you need a summary of the value-converted "representation" of WHAT letters (combination and numbers) ?
(could you provide a more "viewable" details ?... cells, columns, range, sample data, formulae, etc.)

regards,
hector.

__ previous __
if you don't get a *clear* proposal to your post in a reasonably short period of time, try the following:
- back to the spanish news-group
- answer the questions about the holes in your post