Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
marklg marklg is offline

Default How do I omit a blank cell from a calculation??

"Ragdyer" wrote:

What's your definition of "Blank"?

Is it an unused *empty* cell,
OR
a cell that appears empty but contains a zero length text string ( "" )?

Then, what is the formula you're trying to use?

RD

"marklg" wrote in message
How do I discriminate between a blank cell and a zero value cell in a

formula?

The cell is unused. I'm trying to solve an equation of the form ax-b where not all cells in the range of x have values and can be =0. Seems simple enough, but not to me I guess.

Thanks for answering.

marklg