Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting Issue

That doesn't shade a truly blank cell, but perhaps a text string (which
might even be a empty string "")?

Try changing Cell Value Is to Formula Is, and use =AND(ISNUMBER(B1),B1=3)
--
David Biddulph

"Robert" wrote in message
Cell Value = 3

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

What is your actual Conditional Formatting formula(s)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Robert" wrote in message
I use the following formulas which are conditionally formatted in column
J:

=IF(D1679="","",D1679/E1679)
=IF(D1680="","",D1680/E1680)
=IF(D1681="","",D1681/E1681)
=IF(D1682="","",D1682/E1682)
=IF(D1683="","",D1683/E1683)
=IF(D1684="","",D1684/E1684)
.

If the cell D1681 is blank, for example, the formatting on the blank
cell
fills with the color green in J1681 blank cell, and then through the
end
of
the worksheet row J2500.

These blank green cells are distracting, if the cell is blank I would
prefer
the green fill from the conditional formatting does not appear, I would
like
a blank cell. I would like the conditional formatting to apply to
cells
that
contain values only.

Do you know of a way to mask this green formatting from appearing if
the
cell value is blank?

I am currently using Excel 2007, the original worksheet was Excel
97-2003
which I "saved as" in the Excel Worksheet format.

I have literally searched for hours trying to resolve this issue, and
the
"stop if true" flag does not work. I have also read a significant
amount
of
help on conditional formatting to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.