Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smartin smartin is offline

Default Tallying student scores

Can you use this?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B5:B74="F"),--(G5:G74=61),--(G5:G74<=70))

Drowning in data wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B5:B74="F"),--(G5:G74<=59))

I've also modified this for scores above 90 with success. It is when I need
a range that I keep getting error messages.

"smartin" wrote:

Drowning in data wrote:
I need to count the number of students who score in specific ranges on tests,
but also meet one other criteria, such as female. I have my spreadsheet set
up so that the criteria (indicated by a single letter such as "f" for female)
are in the first columns on the left, and the scores are entered in the
columns on the right. So, I need to have the spreadsheet count the number of
girls who scored below 60 (on a single test whose scores are in a single
column), for example. I have a sumproduct formula that works for that, but I
can't get a formula to work when I want to count the number of girls who
scored between 61 and 70.

Let's see your working SUMPRODUCT for score < 60. I think it can be made
to work for the second case as well.