Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Salman Salman is offline

Default Link to Excel files

I manually linked them ie open 2 files. In one cell type €˜= then go to the
other file and link accordingly.
On the same note €“ sometimes I link the entire file or tab from the same
file (ie ctrl+K then select the file or tab) but often that also fails to
reopen.
First I thought its because I am linking different Excel files ie €˜Excel
97-2003 with xls (Excel 2007). Or xls with macro to xls without macro etc.
But even I tried linking the same files eg xlsm with xlsm €“ still the same
problem.
For future reference - do you reckon linking different excel files could
have caused this problem?
Thanks in advance

"Pete_UK" wrote:

How did you set up the links between the files?

Pete

On Sep 1, 10:10 am, Salman wrote:
if I link two files €“ save and close both then just open 1 of those,
it doesnt pick up the links/formulas and shows €˜#VALUE! for each cell,
until the other one is open too.
Please help