Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default Select All question

Ron de Bruin wrote:
H P D Sterling

This is working in all Excel versions:
Click on the space above the first row header and on the left of the
first column header.

Excel 97-2002:
Use the shortcut Ctrl-a to select all cells.

Excel 2003:
If the worksheet contains data, CTRL+A selects the current region.
Pressing CTRL+A a second time selects the entire worksheet.
Excel 2007:
If the worksheet contains data, CTRL+A selects the current region.
Pressing CTRL+A a second time selects the current region and its summary
rows.
Pressing CTRL+A a third time selects the entire worksheet.

I know you mean well, and I am sincere when I say, I am not a mouse
person. I have been working with computers since before there were PCs,
and I find it much easier to mash a CTRL + A than to find the mouse,
find the leftmost, topmost cell, etc. I am trying to learn it, but I
guess I will just hit CTRL + A up to 17 times as needed!

P D Sterling
Florida, New York USA