Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default HOW DO I FREEZE DATA THAT CHANGES DAILY. dAILY/MONTHLY BUDGET

You want a pivot table.

Enter all your data in one sheet. Then use a pivot table to calculate the
summaries you want (ie, sum of each category each day).

Debra Dalgliesh has the most comprehensive information on Pivot Tables.
Start he http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html

You won't ever be sorry you learned pivot tables.

Regards,
Fred.

"mike64149" wrote in message
I am making a monthly budget, tracking it daily, used my formulas to move
data to different spred sheet. Data changes daily, always spend more. I
would
like to keep yesterdays #s while using the addional amount added for
todays
#s. I am tracking 5 different catagories and expenditures for each. Set up
the daily/monthly template but I know the data will update across the
spredsheet and not stay for the day assigned.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Use the large white space in the body to describe what you want done.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:31:00 -0700, mike64149