Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Katee Katee is offline

Default Resizing FileOpen box

Thank you Dave, I couldn't for the life of me figure it out! My boxes also
got maximized somehow and Excel help doesn't. Dragging for resize didn't
either.

Katee

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Or just double click on the title bar of the file|open dialog. (I bet that's
how you maximized that window, too.)

Wackyracer wrote:

Sorry again Dave. No I still cannot change the window from full size.
Hopefully my lat post may give a better decription of the problem
--
Loose, fast and on the edge.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Does that mean you solved your problem???

I'm kind of confused.

Wackyracer wrote:

Sorry Dave, yes I can see the title bar
--
Loose, fast and on the edge.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Did you try the alt-spacebar stuff?

That resizable File|open dialog were introduced with xl2002 (IIRC). I've never
had trouble resizing by grabbing an edge.

Wackyracer wrote:

The click and grab does not work with this type of window for some reason.
This there a was to set it back to its default set?
--
Loose, fast and on the edge.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can resize by grabbing any edge and click and drag.

If you can't see the file|open title bar, try this:
alt-space bar
type m
use the arrow keys to move the dialog and hit enter when you're happy with its
position.

Wackyracer wrote:

Hi, This is a really trivial question but hopefully someone can help me. Many
moons ago I maximised my FileOpen window so I could see all the "detailed"
information. Now I do not need this window so large, but I cannot find a way
to restore it back to it's original size. The diagonal lines in the bottom
right hand corner are nolonger there/visable and I have tried grabbing the
screen in different areas as well without success. This problem is the same
for FileSave or Save As
--
Loose, fast and on the edge.

--