Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Pivot table

Hi

Double click on the last name fieldAdvanceSortAscending
Do the same for your Date field.
If the sort doesn't resolve the month order, then ToolsOptionsListEnter
Jan, Feb ..... Dec in white paneAdd
Then repeat Advanced sort on date field.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"PatJennings" wrote in message
In Col A is the Month (Jun,Jul,Aug) of transactions, listed in date
sequence in another column is the last name of the salesman for each
transaction. There are other columns relevant to the transactions, but not
to the pivot table I created. The resulting pivot table listed the
salesman, but not in alphabetical order. In the data columns are the
counts of the transactions for each month with a final column totaling the
three monthly columns and a grand total.

Now the date columns are arranged in this sequence: Jun Aug Jul. I cannot
figure out how to arrange the salesmen's names alphabetically, nor why the
date columns are not listed Jun, Jul Aug.