Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PatJennings PatJennings is offline

Default Pivot table

In Col A is the Month (Jun,Jul,Aug) of transactions, listed in date sequence
in another column is the last name of the salesman for each transaction.
There are other columns relevant to the transactions, but not to the pivot
table I created. The resulting pivot table listed the salesman, but not in
alphabetical order. In the data columns are the counts of the transactions
for each month with a final column totaling the three monthly columns and a
grand total.

Now the date columns are arranged in this sequence: Jun Aug Jul. I cannot
figure out how to arrange the salesmen's names alphabetically, nor why the
date columns are not listed Jun, Jul Aug.