Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Steph Steph is offline

Default Chart Variables

I am using Excel 2003. I'm using "Option Explicit" to force variable
declaration. I want to tie the axes of a chart that I have named "MyChart"
to worksheet cells. I've been working with the following but continue to get
errors:

Dim Cht as ChartObject

Set Cht = Worksheets("Model").ChartObjects("MyChart").Chart

With Cht.Axes(xlValue)
.MaximumScale = Sheets("Charts").Range("C7")
.MinimumScale = Sheets("Charts").Range("C9")
.MajorUnit = Sheets("Charts").Range("C8")
End With

If I take out the "Option Explicit" I can get things to work. However, I
would like to keep it in my code to help make sure I am declaring variables
correctly.

Can anyone advise as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you in advance for
your help.

--
Steph