Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Vlookup/match?

Chris

Pl post as new threads for new queries in future

In Sheet1,

Put this into G2's formula bar, then array-enter, ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
to confirm the formula (instead of just pressing ENTER):

=INDEX(Sheet2!E$2:E$100,MATCH(1,(C2=Sheet2!A$2:A$1 00)*(E2=Sheet2!D$2:D$100),0))

Copy G2 down. Adapt the ranges to suit. All ranges must be identically
sized, and entire col references cannot be used.
--
Max
Singapore

sheet1 has a 'JobCode' in column C and 'DepartmentID' in column E
sheet 2 has a 'JobCode' in column A and 'DepartmentID' in column D
with an associating 'Level' in column E

What if I wanted to match column C and column E in sheet one to column
A and column D in sheet2 before returning the associating 'Level' in
column E on sheet2?