Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Look up a value from a row after verifying two other values

Have you thought about doing the mileage chart as a 2-D table? Four
stores A to D would be laid out like this:

A B C D
A -
B -
C -
D -

where the vertical list is the "from" store and the horizontal list is
the "to" store. Obviously, the diagonal is meaningless (or all zero).
The top triangle is a mirror image of the bottom triangle, although
you could just have a single triangle, as it doesn't really matter
which is "from" and which is "to". You often get such mileage charts
in road atlases.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 29, 11:49*pm, Paul W <Paul
wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that I am populating with miles from point to point.
Each spreadsheet has the same point tp oint listed twice, the second time in
reverse order. I would love to have a formula that looks throught the entire
K Column for the point in the D column and the D column for the point in the
K column and return the value from the same row in the P column.
Basically once I have looked up the miles from a store to another store I
don't want to have to find the row below that has the same two store in
reverse order and populate the miles field with the same information
Is this possible?