Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to set a conditional format that is dependent on cell type

You could use conditional formatting with a formula that tests for Total

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("total",A7))

as an example

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Phil Chamberlin" <Phil wrote in
message ...
I have a worksheet that I perform a subtotal on using the subtotal wizard
in
the Data toolset. The wizard inserts a row and the subtotal formula based
on
the criteria entered. Therefore, the preceding cells (non-uniform range)
are
values and the inserted row is a formula. I would like to bold the
inserted
cells (the ones with the Subtotal formula).