Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Formula constants?

You'd want to look at relative or absolute addressing:

=(A3*($C$29+3))-$B$29

Glenn L. wrote:

I want to use the following formula in cell B3:

=(A3*(C29+3))-B29

However, I want to drag this formula down column B, but keep "(C29+3))-B29"
constant. I only want "A3" to change to A4, A5, A6, etc. as I drag the
formula down to cell B25. How do I keep the "(C29+3))-B29" part of the
formula constant?

One of the problems that I'm having in solving this (using Excel HELP) is
that I do know the correct term for what I'm trying to do. I think the term
"constant" is not correct in this situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson