Gord Dibben

dave

A third method, also manual.

Select the cells to format using SHIFT + F8 to get into ADD mode then click
your way around.

InsertNameDefine and name this range.

F8 twice to get out of ADD mode.

Enter numbers as 1234.

When you want to change just those few, enter 100 in an empty cell and copy.

From name box select your named range and Paste SpecialDivideOKEsc

Gord

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:02:11 -0600, "dave"
wrote:

Thanks for replying, would you happen to know the steps to do this manualy,
I have only been able to figure out how to do it to the whole page not just
a few select cells.

.. .
dave

Only on a global basis.

ToolsOptionsEdit. Checkmark Fixed Decimal Places and set to two.

Individual cells must be done manually or through event code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:34:24 -0600, "dave"
wrote:

I have a similar question although its in Quattro pro. I would like to be
able to enter numbers without have to type in the decimal point. Example
1234 automaticly appears 12.34 idealy $12.34.

Anyone here know how I could achieve this?

"Max" wrote in message
Try ..
Enter in an empty cell: 10000, and copy it
Right-click on the target col Paste special Divide OK
--
Rgds
Max
"GreenThumb" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can use to fix decimals on values already on a
spreadsheet? I am importing data from a database that assumes 4
decimal
places, so a 70000 is really 7.0000. I tried using the fixed formula
but
that did not give me the desired result. I also went to Tools -
Options -
Edit - Fixed Decimal Places and set to 4 but that only helps for newly
entered data. Please help!

Thank You!

--GREG--