Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default =SUMPRODUCT Col E = B, Col F = blank

#NAME? means that Excel doesn't recognise something as the name of a
function (or named range), and NULL does not exist - use "" to
indicate blank (no space between the two quotes). There is also an
ISBLANK() function that you could use.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 28, 5:11*pm, 77Debbie77
wrote:
I am using the formula below to try and get the total count of Col F when it
is blank (Col F is text data and some employees did not enter a comment) when
Col E = B. But I am getting the #NAME? error.

Also, I'm not sure what the correct way is to write if blank, is it " " or
NULL or ""?

I am using Excel 2003

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Closed calls as of 70108'!$E$2:$E$65141="B"),--('Closed
calls as of 70108'!$F$2:$F$65141=NULL))

Looking for help. Thank you so much!!