Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rachel Garrett Rachel Garrett is offline

Default Need to display values instead of formula; Ctrl + ` doesn't work

I'm helping a co-worker with a VLOOKUP in Excel 2003. I type in a
perfectly good formula, and that's all that the cell will display. It
doesn't show the results.

I searched Excel Help and Google, and the only solution I find is to
press Ctrl + `. That doesn't work here. "Ctrl + `" only increase the
width of the column by some apparently random amount.

I also tried switching the cell type to General and retyping the
formula. This doesn't work either.

One of the other tabs in the same worksheet displays formula results
just fine.

Does anyone have advice?

Thanks,
Rachel