Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
smartin smartin is offline

Default Changes to Plot area color

My Own IT dept wrote:
2003. And yes, now that I remember it, I have seen that happen also.

Any idea about a fix?

Thanks.

"smartin" wrote:

My Own IT dept wrote:
I created at template in which the plot area color is bright yellow and
applied to a chart. When I re-opened the file the color turned to magenta.
I've had other problems with cell colors changing on their own also.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm on a thin limb here, but what version of Excel are you using and
have you checked the color palette? I have noticed more than once using
Excel 2003 that the color palette changes "sporadically" sometimes and
this might affect the rendering of pre-existing files.

Haha! Now I'm caught with pants down (^:

Personally, a reboot or two seems to resolve the problem. That suggests
to me the root cause is a memory problem. I've been thinking to dive
deeper into this, but have not done so as of yet.

Googling 'excel color palette reset' might help. Sorry, no definitive
answer today.