Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do i convert works to excel files,

Spence

You replied to 3 1/2 year old post but thanks for the info.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:55:01 -0700, Spence
wrote:

All...you can also simply download Open Office and use it. I've had very
good luck with old Lotus files and I'm running OS X.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
at least my Excel would open only VERY old Works 2.0 files but not the newer
versions

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LeAnne wrote:
Frank Kabel wrote:

Hi
then either find a friend who still has Works installed (and let him
convert your files) or go for one of the commercial converters

PMFJI -

Is that the poster's only option? I am able to open existing Works
spreadsheet files from XL(97 or 03)...select File Open and then hit
the dropdown list for "Files of Type;" file formats with the extension
.wks are listed. Likewise, Word appears to be able to open word
processing files of filetype .wps.

hth,

LeAnne