Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default Report Format - Pivot Table not working

I have this report of raw data, I would love to put the data into a pivot
table as its the best way to present. Problem is that the source data
precalulates the higher levels of the hiearachy in the raw data so in a pivot
table

Ex: Director, team manager and team employees give combined $1000
---------Team mananager gives combined $700 between self and team
-------------Team members give $500 total

So instead of drilling down
Director 1,000
Manager 700
team 500

I get
Director 2200
Manager 1200
team 500

Been trying to manipulate the raw data this way and that to get it to work,
any thoughts on how to get the data into pivot without all the new
calculations? Or any other format thoughts?

I just really like the drill down option, I have 5000 employees to show
detail on