Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP Bob Umlas, Excel MVP is offline

Default Worksheet calculation different from calculator's

You're doing somthing wrong somewhere, because Excel comes up with 4160.375,
as do I when I use the old paper & pencil! Time for a new calculator!!

"KARTX" wrote:

I am calculating state sales tax. My calculator and the state's agree -
Excel's does not. For example, in the calculation 66,566 times 6.25% o my
calculator and the state come up with 4,159.75. Using in the formula 66,566 *
.0625 in a cell results in 4,159.72.
Similar discrepancies occur all the way through the spreadsheet. I can only
surmise that there's a built-in round up or down function being performed and
I can't figure out how to discontinue it.