Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nannie Nannie is offline

Default Count the number of times specific text appears in a column

They are formatted as dates but most were entered as =xdate(1860,6,11,"yyyy,
mm dd") although some look like ~1862 or after 1862. They are civil war era
dates and Excel can't handle them. (Seems strange Excel doesn't have the
choice of displaying dates with years first.)

Thanks for any assistance!
--
Nannie

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Are they text fields or real dates just formatted in different ways?

--
HTH

Bob

"Nannie" wrote in message
I have a column of dates in various formats (sometimes the year is first,
sometimes not). I would like to determine the number of times a specific
four-digit year occurs withing the column. Can you help me? Thanks!
--
Nannie