Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
spence spence is offline

Default how do i convert works to excel files,

All...you can also simply download Open Office and use it. I've had very
good luck with old Lotus files and I'm running OS X.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
at least my Excel would open only VERY old Works 2.0 files but not the newer
versions

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LeAnne wrote:
Frank Kabel wrote:

Hi
then either find a friend who still has Works installed (and let him
convert your files) or go for one of the commercial converters

PMFJI -

Is that the poster's only option? I am able to open existing Works
spreadsheet files from XL(97 or 03)...select File Open and then hit
the dropdown list for "Files of Type;" file formats with the extension
.wks are listed. Likewise, Word appears to be able to open word
processing files of filetype .wps.

hth,

LeAnne