Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Brad E. Brad E. is offline

Default Button for custom number format

I am using Excel 2007.

I am wondering if there is a way to modify the "Comma Style" button so that
when I use it, the cell's format changes to:
Number Zero decimals Comma separator -1,234 Negative Style (not red)
--- I use this format most of the time.

Right now, the "Comma Style" button formats the cell with 2 decimals and
parenthesis width before and after the number --- I never use this built-in
format.

One last thing is that I want this to work every time I open Excel, whether
it be done with a macro or not. However, if the only way to do this is with
a macro, I don't want to have to "Enable Macros" every time, as our IS
department won't let us control macro setup. TIA.
--
Brad E.