Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hannah Hannah is offline

Default Combine information from rows

The basic layout is as detailed below

Contact Company Address No Ordered Cost Contacts Demo
Joe Bloggs ABC1 1 New town 1
Joe Bloggs ABC1 1 New town 567.00
Joe Bloggs ABC1 1 New town 1
Joe Bloggs ABC1 1 New town 1
Jane Doe DEF1 25 New Town 2
Jane Doe DEF1 25 New Town 1,134.00
Jane Doe DEF1 25 New Town 1
Jane Doe DEF1 25 New Town 0

Happy to lose all the duplicates in the first columns, but need to
consolodate the data in the others so that it looks something like:

Contact Company Address No Ordered Cost Contacts Demo
Joe Bloggs ABC1 1 New town 1 567.00 1 1
Jane Doe DEF1 25 New Town 2 1,134.00 1 0

I hope this makes sense

Thank You

"Sheeloo" wrote:

How will you combine the information in columns N-CM if there are multiple
rows for same values in A-M?

"Hannah" wrote:

Good afternoon.

I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet which has several thousand rows of customer
details. In many of these rows the first columns (A-M - which contain name,
phone number address etc) are duplicated however the data contained in the
following columns (N-CM) is different. Is there any way that I can combine
the rows so that I have one for each individual customer?

I found an example elsewhere on the forum that uses the Index array formula,
but I am not sure how to adapt it so it would work with my spreadsheet.

Many thanks

Hannah