Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tuxla Tuxla is offline

Default outliers in charts

Thank you both

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You could try this approach, which will work just as well on a column chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ierLabels.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Tuxla" wrote in message
I have created a simple bar chart, but I have a few outliers that skew the
layout of the chart.

for example:
a = 2
b = 3
c = 78
d = 2
e = 1
f = 3
g = 150 etc

I still need to include "c" and "g", but because I have a lot of data it
makes the rest of the bars so low you can't tell accurately what they are.

I have tried to change the scale with the intention of having a data label
on the out-liers, but that doesn't work as I could only make the data
label
show on all bars (which I don't want) and it only shows at the top of the
bar
so the outliers still don't show a value.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Thank you