Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default SUMIF & MEDIAN with blanks & text

Hi,

If you are saying that it works fine for blank cells but doesn't work when
you clear the cells, then maybe the cells are not being cleared using the
Edit, Clear or the Delete key, maybe they are being cleared with spacebar.
You can't see it but it might cause a problem.

If you are asking something else show us a little data and tell us what you
are getting and what you should be getting.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brian" wrote:

I had some help putting together this formula, but it has been giving me some
grief for some reason after it seemed to work ok to start with.....

=IF(SUMIF(INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(Stats_Dropdown,Stats_Ty pe_ARRAY,3,FALSE)),$C3,Qualified),MEDIAN(IF(INDIRE CT(VLOOKUP(Stats_Dropdown,Stats_Type_ARRAY,3,FALSE ))=$C3,Qualified)),"-")

The data it is evaluating can have text, blanks, or numbers in the range,
"Qualified." In this case, it only has numbers and blanks. MEDIAN shouldn't
have an issue delaing with blanks/deleted cells and the formula above works
fine in other cases where there are blanks. Any suggestions?