Jack Cutrone

Default Can't stop time duration [hh]:mm:ss converting to time of day

I am trying to import an excel spreadsheet with 12000+ records to access but
can't stop a formatting problem for a time duration field. The data appears
correctly in Excel cells as E.g. 00:17:33 but in the formula bar as "12:17:33
AM" and the latter is what ends up in the Access database. I have unlocked
the cell format protection, have reformatted the column using cell format to
[hh]:mm:ss or [mm]:ss and the format changes will appear in the data in the
column but still appears in the formula bar as 12:17:33 AM. It is apparent
that Excel is interpreting the entry as a time of day rather than a duration.
How can I stop this? (As I mentioned there are over 12,000 records in the
spreadsheet so PLEASE don't suggest anything that requires reentering all the
data :).]