Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Comparing text in cells for differences

I think we need to know a lot more - does character order matter, does case
matter, how do you want repeat characters handled?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"big john" wrote:

I want to compare some text in a1 with text in b1 and have Excel place the
differences in c1. Is this possible? The EXACT function only tells me if they
are alike or not with a true or false, even if the only difference is a
capital letter. I could place the text in one sheet and have it compare
with another sheet and have the differences placed in a third sheet, if that
is easier to do. I am using Excel 2003. I know nothing about writing code
or macros. I am fairly new to Excel. I'm not sure, but I think this might
have to be a macro or something, unless there is a function in Excel that
does this. Help me! Please?
--
Thanks!