Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default display substitution?

Thanks, Bob, so it is that people are still using the old labels to describe
the same process more or less?

"Bob I" wrote:

Office Button, Excel Options, Advanced, Display Options section.

Mike wrote:

Thank you, Shane!

One thing though, I ahve seen a lot of people referring to Tools Options.
In Office 2007, there isn't a Tools menu anymore. To what are you referring,
please?

Thanks again.

Mike

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

There are a number of ways depending on what is actually in the cell.

1. Try Tools, Options, View, and turn off Zero.

2. You could also apply conditional formatting
Format, Conditional Formatting, Equal to, 0 and then set the Font Color to
White.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mike" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet which references cells from other spreadsheets.
There are hundreds of dates on the spreadsheet that are reported as
0-Jan-1900 because they are superseded or unused in the individual sheets. Is
there a way in which I can insert a command to display nothing if
date=0-Jan-1900, so that only relevant material is presented?

Thank you!